Istanbul Bar Association
New York Bar Association
Law Society of England and Wales
Faruk Aktay is our firm’s managing partner qualified to practice in Istanbul, New York and London. He is a stellar Turkish lawyer with an unparalleled background in law and economics and deep-diving knowledge about the Turkish, American and English legal jurisdictions.
During his career, he has involved in numerous domestic and cross-border merger and acquisitions, project finance and capital markets transactions and developed special expertise in the regulated sectors. In 2015, before establishing his own firm, he worked as an interim country counsel of HP Turkey and orchestrated its separation process.
His education in law and economics at graduate levels and understanding of different legal regimes allows him to bring unparalleled insight and novel perspective on complicated legal matters. His commitment to excellence and dedication to deliver the best will assure you of receiving sound, tailor-made legal solutions meeting highest professional services standards.
You can find some of his membership and affiliations below.
- Istanbul Bar Associations, Member
- New York Bar Associations, Member
- Law Society of England and Wales
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section member
- International Bar Association, Member
- Fulbright Alumni Association in Turkey, President
- British Chamber of Commerce (BCCT), Corporate Member
- Italian Chamber of Commerce (CCIIST), Member
- TUSIAD, Competition Law Working Group Member
2013 – LL.M. New York University, USA
2010 – B.A. Law, Koç University, Turkey
2007 – M.A. Economics , Toulouse School of Economics, France
2006 – B.A. International Relations and Economics, Koç University, Turkey